About Bridgetown Valley Lodge
Jeff and Dani entertained the notion of a tree change some five years ago. Falling in love with Bridgetown they purchased the Bridgetown Valley Lodge in 2010-a dusty diamond on the hill that needed much TLC and revitalization!
Originally built in 1949/50 as the Trainmen's Barracks, it consisted of 24 small 8' by 10' rooms with one male ablution block and a kitchen/dining room. In the 1980s it was leased from Westrail and used for worker accommodation by Greenbushes Tin N.L. From 1986 until 2010 it was used as budget accommodation.
It has taken Jeff and Dani three long years to complete the process of planning, design, approval and renovation of this heritage listed building.
The "Old Barracks" is now a boutique motel with 8 luxuriously appointed ensuite rooms, a warm inviting cafe and a tranquil alfresco courtyard. It all adds up to one more dimension to the many attractions in beautiful Bridgetown.